- A group of civic-minded women met at the Desert Air Hotel for the first time. The purpose of the group was to form a social club to aid the community and the young people of the area.
- In the inception of the formation of the club, there were lots of picnics, barbecues and family activities. Everyone mainly lived in The Cove at the time which made for a close-knit group of members.
- The RMWC sponsored a community-wide clean-up as part of the Operation Pride Desert Beautification Project. Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce acknowledged the RMWC for their donation for the "Welcome to Rancho Mirage" foundation installation as part of the Beautification Project.
- RMWC sponsored the first Miss Rancho Mirage contest.
- On November 22, the ground-breaking ceremony for Rancho Mirage Elementary School took place. RMWC has continued to donate to this school since its inception.
- The Branch Library in Rancho Mirage was approved and established by and with the help of the RMWC.
- The Whitewater Park was officially opened in January and the RMWC donated $9,500 for the playground equipment. Many club picnics have been enjoyed since the opening of the park.
- On February 21st, a resolution by the City Council of Rancho Mirage was given to the RMWC commending the RMWC for 25 years of civic mindedness noting the following community contributions: Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, AYSO Soccer Team, Teen Center, Ronald McDonald House, Perpetual Scholarship Fund at College of the Desert, Pegasus Riding Academy, Rancho Mirage Elementary School and playground equipment for the Whitewater Park.
The RMWC continues to thrive and give to local children's charities giving nearly $500,000 in the last 10 years alone.
The women of the Rancho Mirage Woman's Club are proud of the club's progress and dedication to the community. The continued support of the club by its members has made it possible for the club to contribute to the growth of Rancho Mirage and the community at large, adhering to the original goals set forth by the founders in October 1963.